Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Maladu

Hi, this is my first ever recipe and I have just created this blog. And I owe a big thanks to my dearest friend Anisha, who inspired me to start blogging, thanks buddy. I have always loved making sweets. The maladu is a very simple and easy to make ladoo that can be made quickly and at short notice. The ingredients are mostly available at home and can be made in just 40 minutes time. I personally prefer maladu more than besan ladoo. I make sweets all the time and my son and daughter love this ladoo.

I had learned this recipe from my mom and always thought she had a magical hand and now when I see my son feeling the same, I just feel blessed. Here is the recipe, enjoy!

Ingredients
Roasted Bengal Gram (Pottu Kadalai)                                       1 cup
Sugar (powdered)                                                                     1 cup
cardamom                                                                                 10-12
cashew nuts                                                                                7-8 (You can add more, if you like)
Ghee                                                                                         1 cup

Preparation
I have a heavy and thick aluminium kadhai (cooking pot), which I exclusively use only for sweets. I would advise any one who loves making sweets to have one exclusively for sweets too. Now, firstly take the kadhai and in low flame heat the roasted bengal gram till it turns pink and you get the fragrance of the dal. Turn off the gas and let it cool. Then powder and measure it and set it aside.

Now, take the equal measure of sugar and powder it. You can clean the cardamom and add it to the sugar and powder it together.

Mix the sugar (the ratio of sugar and roasted bengal gram is 1:1) and cardamom powder with the powdered roasted bengal gram. You can add 1/4 cup more sugar if you like a little extra sweet.

Take a little ghee and roast the cashew nuts till they turn pink. Turn off the gas and add this to the mixture. Heat the remaining ghee.

Now add the ghee little by little to the mixture. You may only need a little ghee. once you add a little ghee and start mixing it, you will know how much ghee you would require. Now, starting rolling out the ladoos with a light hand. Do not put pressure on the ladoos, or they may break.

You can use cashew nuts or badam for decoration. I prefer the plain ladoos. Enjoy!!






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first post dear!

    Thanks for the recipe, now we can also have the ladoos. :)

    I'm sure you will enjoy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. You may add all yr easy breakfast recepies aswell

    ReplyDelete